Dr Mahmood Akhavi
Dr Mahmood Akhavi – Persian / Iranian Neurologist Doctor in Garland, Texas
Dr Mahmood Akhavi is a neurologist in Garland, Texas. He received his medical degree from Tehran University of Medical Sciences School of Medicine and has been in practice for more than 20 years.
What Procedures Has Dr Akhavi Performed?
Some patients prefer a physician with a certain amount of experience in performing a particular procedure. We compared the number of times this doctor billed Medicare for each procedure with national averages, based on the most recent year of data available.
An electrophysiology study maps the heart’s electrical activity to diagnose abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias). For testing, a small tube (sheath) is inserted into a blood vessel at the neck, groin or arm, and wire electrodes are threaded to the heart.
An EEG is a noninvasive test to detect changes in the electrical activity of the brain. Performed using small electrodes attached to the scalp, EEG helps diagnose epilepsy, brain tumours and other brain disorders.
Patients’ Experience with Dr Akhavi
When choosing a doctor, it can be helpful to review other patients’ experiences. U.S. News publishes patient experience ratings from Binary Fountain, which aggregates patient reviews from over a hundred sites to compile information about 10 different patient experience metrics. These ratings are not intended as indicators of medical quality — how good a doctor is — but rather reflect patients’ feedback on factors such as good communication, clarity of instructions, etc. Patient experience ratings are issued in the context of a specific physician’s speciality, as patients tend to rate types of doctors differently. (Iranian Doctor)
Education & Medical Training Dr Mahmood Akhavi
- University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Tehran University of Medical Sciences School of Medicine
Certifications & Licensure
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Certified in Neurology
- TX State Medical License
Active through 2019
Publications & Presentations
- Alpert, J. N., Armbrust, C. A., Akhavi, M., Stamatiou, E. S., Killian, J. M., De Shazo, M. “Glossopharyngeal neuralgia, asystole, and seizures..” Arch Neurol
- Niman, H. L., Akhavi, M., Gardner, M. B., Stephenson, J. R., Roy-Burman, P. “Differential expression of two distinct endogenous retrovirus genomes in developing tissues of the domestic cat..” J Natl Cancer Inst
There are no reviews yet.