Gholam Motamedi, MD
Gholam Motamedi, MD | Iranian Neurologist in Washington, D.C
Neurologist in Washington, D.C., United States of America | Department of Neurology | Georgetown
Gholam K. Motamedi, MD, is a professor and director of the Comprehensive Epilepsy Center in the Department of Neurology at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital.
Dr. Motamedi chose his specialty because he feels that neuroscience is at the frontier of science.
His philosophy of care involves undertaking a comprehensive workup, making the correct diagnosis and administering the most effective treatment possible for the patient.
Dr. Motamedi has published numerous original research studies, reviews and has contributed several book chapters to works in the fields of epilepsy and sleep disorders. Iranian Neurologist in Washington
Some of his research studies include investigating potentially therapeutic effects of direct brain stimulation in patients with epilepsy, potentially therapeutic effects of direct brain stimulation and brain cooling (hypothermia) in animal models of epilepsy, basic cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying the development of epilepsy, particular genetic forms of epilepsy mimicking sleep disorders, sleep apnea, monitoring cardiac telemetry and pulse oximetry in patients with epilepsy undergoing continuous video-EEG monitoring and retrospective study of in utero antiepileptic drug effects on neurodevelopment.
Gholam Motamedi, MD in Washington
Dr. Motamedi has also received several awards for excellence in patient treatment, teaching and research. Professional Association Memberships American Epilepsy Society American Academy of Sleep Medicine American Neurological Association
- Fellowship Program: Johns Hopkins Hospital (2001)
- Residency Program: Baylor College of Medicine Affiliated Hospitals (1998)
- Residency Program: University of Missouri Medical Center (1996)
- Internship Program: Yale-New Haven Hospital (1995)
- Residency Program: Yale-New Haven Hospital (1995)
- Medical School: Tehran University of Medical Sciences (1987)
- Board Certification: American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Sleep Medicine
- Board Certification: American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Neurology
3800 Reservoir Rd NW, Washington, DC 20007