Persian Cultural Center
Kanoon Farhangi Iranian, San Diego,
Persian Cultural Center, As a means of facilitating its mission PCC has formed the following affiliated entities: The Iranian School of San Diego (ISSD) (now in its 28th year offering language classes to both children and adults), the Persian Dance Academy (teaching a variety of folkloric dances to children and adults), the PCC Foundation (raising funds for humanitarian causes such as families and individuals in financial crisis in our community), and Peyk (a bilingual, bimonthly magazine, professionally published, and with an approximate circulation of 6000).
Persian Cultural Center – San Diego
PCC’s core activities are multifaceted and include musical concerts, lectures, art exhibitions, dance performances, as well as language, theater, traditional instrument, and art classes. The variety of PCC’s programming draws a diverse patronage extending far beyond San Diego. We seek and welcome all members of the San Diego community and visitors to the City to enjoy and participate in our events and presentations. To this end, our programs/events are non-partisan and secular, with the artistic and cultural value being the ultimate benchmarks.
Board of Directors and committee members:
- Nikoo Atefi
- Fariba Babakhani- Ghazi
- Farshad Babakhani
- Parnian Badii
- Ida Khodami
- Hossein Hajimolana
- Hamid Rafizadeh
- Farideh Rasouli-Fazel
- Venus Safaei
- Shahla Salah
- Golsa Soraya
- Gity Nematollahi
- Hamid Beikzadeh
- Shahri Estakhry
- Saeed Jalali
- Rosita Bagheri
- Shaghayegh Hanson
- Abdy Salimi
At the first meeting of the Board of Directors held on June 13, 2018, the following members were elected to serve as the executive committee of PCC for one year.
- President– Fariba Babakhani- Ghazi
- Vice President– Nikoo Atefi
- Treasurer– Hamid Rafizadeh
- Secretary– Farideh Rasouli-Fazel
Other members of the BOD will be leading various committees, such as Arts and Culture, Events, Education(ISSD), Publications (Peyk), Grants, PR, Membership, and Finance.
Please join the Persian Cultural Center:
A Lifeline to Your Community & Your Heritage By joining PCC you will support:
- Excellent cultural activities such as concerts, lectures, and exhibitions.
- Traditional celebrations, such as Nowruz, Charshanbehsoori, Sizdehbedar, Mehregan, and Yalda
- Iranian School of San Diego.
- Publication and distribution of Peyk magazine.
- Charitable activities.
Membership benefits include:
- – Free annual subscription to Peyk Magazine
- – PCC membership card (discount at various retail stores)
- – Discount for PCC Events
- – All donations are tax-deductible