Shirazi Law Firm
Shirazi Law Firm
We Have Obtained Millions For Our Clients Experienced and Aggressive Employment Lawyers in Los Angeles We have worked for and been partners at the nations largest and most prominent employment law firms and represent employees only.
We have successfully handled all types of labour and employment matters for many types of employees. Our experience representing Fortune 500 companies and small businesses gives us an advantage in dealing with the other side. Let us help you get the compensation you deserve. Cases are handled on a contingency fee basis, meaning we only get paid after you do.
As an experienced Los Angeles employment attorney, Mr Shirazi handles a number of different types of situations representing employees. Here are some of our recent cases: Sexual harassment where employees were groped and retaliated against for complaining. Employer asked an employee to have sex with a potential client. Prevailing wage fraud where employer falsified records to only pay for part of its employees hours worked.
Pregnancy discrimination case where the employer fired an employee while she was still on disability. Disability discrimination case where a client was fired solely because her FMLA had expired. But, she was still entitled to take time off as a reasonable accommodation for her disability. Failure to pay wages and overtime in the case where employees were misclassified as salaried, instead of being paid hourly. Sexual assault case where supervisor raped employee at work.
- Focuses on employment law. If the lawyer also practices other areas (such as personal injury), this should be a warning sign. In big cities like Los Angeles, employment law is a very specialized field and the best usually concentrate on this one area. Moreover, not all employment attorneys do all types of employment law. Some dont handle wage and hour cases or class actions etc
Is an experienced attorney.
- Usually, you want an attorney with at least 10 years of experience. How good your lawyer is will likely have an effect on how much or whether you can recover damages at all.
- Is accomplished in the field. Look to see what awards the attorney has received, (for example, Superlawyers, AV rating, etc
); if they speak at legal conferences; and that they are members of employment law bar association groups (such as the California Employment Lawyers Association or Los Angeles County Bar Associations Labor and Employment section.)
- Is praised by current/former clients. One way to possibly see if you will be a happy client is to see what other clients experiences are. Many good employment attorneys will have testimonials on their website and have other online reviews. See our testimonials.
- Will handle your case individually.
- There are a few fancy law firms who do employment law. But, you want to make sure that your case will not be handled by some recent law school graduate. At Shirazi Law Firm you work directly with Emanuel Shirazi throughout the life of your case.
- Has trial experience. The vast majority of employment cases settle in litigation before trial, but even then your settlement value may be less if the opposing side believes your lawyer wont go to trial or has no trial experience. Mr Shirazi has been in 12 trials since 2003.